Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

Special Announcement


My book THE HIDDEN, originally scheduled for this Fall, is a bit behind schedule and won't be out next month as originally planned. Pushing the release date up to sometime early next year will allow me to spend more time on the hundred plus pages of full-color artwork. I want to thank my publisher, Fantagraphics for being so understanding! This book is a bit different from anything I've done before, and, hopefully, loyal readers will feel it's been worth the wait. Thank you (and apologies!) to all the nice people who have been asking about it or telling me they are looking forward to it. It's still coming -- just not as soon as originally announced.

However (this is the "special announcement" part), for anyone interested, I will be posting a sneak preview of THE HIDDEN online. On Thursday, September 9, 2010, I will be posting the first 12 pages of the story, along with a thirteenth page from much later in the book (a sneak preview inside a sneak preview) at an online location to be announced on that date. Watch this blog or the Fantagraphic's blog for details. The preview will remain up for as long as I think it should. I may even add extra sneak peaks and details as time goes on, up until the book is finally released. I do this in the spirit of fun (hey, it's a comic!) and as a gesture of thanks to my loyal readers, who are the coolest people in the world.

5 comments:

  1. Bah! There goes that Christmas present I was really looking forward to. ;)
    Take your time. I'm sure it will be well worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover alone has me intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is incredible that picture. Another work in full colour artwork wowwwwwww. I love Cat Burglar Black, I hope this one is to the same level or better. Take all the time you need Richard, you are an incredible artist and I know it is worth waiting it.

    As always saludos from Argentina...

    Lucas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Less than 24 hours to go - I'm very excited. From the few hints I've seen on the net, this could be very special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Richard:

    Glad to hear you have another one coming - look forward to reading it!

    The blurb about it made me think of a book by Shelly, The Last Man. I know you like the real Gothic stuff, so maybe you'd like this book:

    http://iamyouasheisme.wordpress.com/2008/01/23/shellys-last-man/

    ReplyDelete